Community members use Raayi to discover businesses available within their respective communities. Although people will always have differences of opinions, we expect all Raayi users to treat each other with honesty and respect. The general guidelines below are meant to help set the tone for discourse on the platform. Please also read the additional guidelines below for specific types of content that you might contribute.
- Relevance: Please ensure contributions are appropriate to the forum. Reviews are not the place for rants about political ideologies, a business’s employment practices, extraordinary circumstances, or other matters that do not address the core of the consumer experience.
- Inappropriate content: There is no place for threats, harassment, lewdness, hate speech, or other displays of bigotry. Any such acts may be reported to relevant authorities.
- Conflicts of interest: Your contributions to Raayi should be unbiased and objective. For example, you should not write reviews of your own business or employer, your friends’ or relatives’ business, your peers or competitors in your industry, or businesses in your networking group. Businesses should never ask customers to write reviews.
- Privacy: Please do not publicize people’s private information. For instance, please do not post close-up photos of other patrons without their permission, and do not post other people’s full names unless you’re referring to someone who is commonly referred to by their full name.
- Promotional content: Please do not post promotional material unless it is in connection with a Raayi advertising product. We want to maintain the platform’s usefulness and not have it overrun with commercial noise from every user.
- Intellectual property: Please do not copy content from other sites, users, or businesses. Ensure you write your own content and share your own photos.
Reviews should be personal and reflect your own consumer experience. Your review should offer a detailed narrative as well as helpful tips for other consumers. Below are some additional thoughts for conscientious reviewers:
- Personal experience: We want to hear about your first hand experience, not what you heard from your partner or co-worker, or what you saw in the news. Tell your own story without resorting to broad generalizations and conclusory allegations.
- Accuracy: Please ensure your review is factually correct. Feel free to air your opinions, but please do not exaggerate or misrepresent your experience.
- Demanding payment: Writing a review should be informative and meant to help the broader community. Please do not threaten to post or offer to remove a negative review as a way to extract payment from a business.
- Review updates: Review updates should reflect a new experience or interaction with the business. Please do not post about the same experience multiple times. If you would like to add new insight to an old experience, you may add a comment on your original review.
Photos should be broadly relevant to the business and reflect the typical consumer experience (e.g., what the business looks like, what the business offers, etc.). If you are a business, show us what you offer and what makes your business unique. Here are some additional things to keep in mind:
- Relevance: We may remove a photo that showcases a unique personal experience that is not relevant to other people (e.g., a receipt or email exchange with a business) from the photo gallery for the business.
- Cleanliness: Please do not post imagery of violence, drug use, nudity, near nudity, or suggestive acts—even if those images are an accurate representation of the business’s services or products.
- Friendliness: Please do not use your photos to attack or disparage others. A picture is worth 1,000 words, so please pick those words carefully and make your point in a review, direct message, or review response.
Do not be shy! Use your account profile to let people know who you are and what makes you either happy/upset. Your peers want to read reviews from people they know and trust (not those with profiles that are empty or laced with inappropriate content).
- User Profiles: Trust and transparency are of utmost importance to us. Disruptive users will be dealt with more sternly than those who stand behind their words. We encourage users to tell people a little something about themselves, but ask that you keep it relevant and not attack competitors, reviewers, or Raayi.
- Business Replies: Businesses should engage reviewers using the reply function on user reviews. Direct contact is often the best way to resolve a dispute with an unhappy customer, but you can also address issues publicly by posting a public comment in response to a review. Please do not use public comments to launch personal attacks or offer an incentive to change a review.
- Community Questions: The ability to ask and answer community questions about a business is extremely valuable. Please ensure that questions are relevant to others by not asking loaded questions or making presumptions whilst keeping the tone civil and non-argumentative. If you do not have anything meaningful to add, please refrain from saying anything at all. Clear questions with enough context and details will get more focused answers and meaningful conversation.